Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I am a Police Wife


 I am a Police wife. Just like my officer, I am brave. With courage, I watch him walk out the door, not knowing if he will come home. I know the risks but I'm still strong. I am still proud, and I still have faith. I am the support behind the badge, the counselor, the encourager, the friend. I am the helper in tough times, and the first person to celebrate in the good. I stand alone at times, but our family is strong and our determination firm. I am in the shadow of the badge but I don't care, I love the heart behind it. I will stand behind him forever, I am his first line of defense. I am his link to normality. I am his shoulder to lean on through trials. With honor, I keep his secrets, with love I tend his heart. I am strong enough to do this job. I am brave enough to survive. I am hopeful enough to endure. I will never quit.

 I am a Police wife.


We are awesome. YOU are awesome. Today, I want to remind you of what YOU do. Our Officers are great, but don't forget the vital job we do. You are important. You are made for this. Look at the words in bold...

Brave, Courage, Strong, Proud, Faith, Counselor, Encourager, Friend, Helper, Good, Determination, Love, Defense, Honor, Tend, Survive, Hopeful. 

All these traits are within YOU!

There are days when we feel overdone and burned out. We are tired of the routine. We are tired of the struggle. Don't give up! Don't listen to the lies that you can't do it, that this is too hard, that it's not worth it. You are GREAT! You have purpose! You were meant to do this job and you will.

We spend nights alone, we raise kids on our own, we have figured out how to repair things and build things. We are the mom & the dad sometimes. We have overcome fear and heartbreak. We have loved despite the risk of losing. We have been the defenders, the lovers, the counselors, and the friend. We are the support, we are the safe place. We are the glue that holds our family together. 

Read it again and take a second. Did you let it sink in? Did you really read those lists. YOU DO THIS. You as a Police wife contain the gumption and the strength to do the hardest job. Sometimes we let the momentum of life just push us along without really taking a moment to pat ourselves on the back. It's ok to recognize what WE do. We are some pretty freakin' amazing, caring women to support and love the way we do. We are important. YOU are important.

Be encouraged today that, though you struggle sometimes, what you do is important and it makes you GREAT. I'm going to write it again because I want you to GET IT! You are GREAT! You have purpose! You were meant to do this job and you will!

I made this to go along with this post in hopes that you will save it. Print it out and put it on your bathroom mirror, add it to your desktop, Pin it, keep it as a bookmark, pass it along to someone else who needs it. I hope you can use it as a reminder that we are great women and awesome wives and we have a wonderful life! 


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/20/2013

    I really needed that today. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Thank you for reading and I pray you are blessed today! :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11/25/2014

    Thank you !!-A New LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/31/2015

    My husband is my world.
    My husband is a (UK) Police Officer. I am so very proud of my husband and the job he does.
    My husband is currently suspended from duty, for doing his job.
    May justice prevail and may he soon return to the job he loves ... Being a Police Officer.
    Being a Police Officer is after all a calling and I am proud to stand in my husband's shadow while he does what he does best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a new LEO wife, I find it harder than when we were dating. The nights seem longer, and more anxiety ridden. This is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, you are welcome! Keep your chin up! You've got this and you're not alone! Hugs

      Delete