Monday, November 25, 2013

My Favorite Quotes...on Hope


Hope is one of my favorite words. It is the proof that we should never give up, that God's promises are true, and there is always something to look forward to. How many times do you find yourself burdened with life? Do you look at your circumstances and feel overwhelmed and tired? Do you sometimes wish you could transport to some other life or time? I write a lot about being positive and one way I am able to achieve that is by the power of hoping. Hoping is like dreaming to me. It's looking beyond my situation with so much positive thought that I create a goal or a dream in my mind and I focus on it. Mix that hope with prayer and you have a powerful recipe for God's work in your life. Hope is putting the power in God's hands. It's declaring that things will get better, and you refuse to see life with the shade of negativity. Hope is the ignition key to get us through hardships, it is our light, and our assurance. 

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
 Jeremiah 29:11 

 You may be in a difficult time in your life, your husband might be away at academy, your son may have just told you he wants to be an LEO and you're scared, maybe someone dear to you has been diagnosed with an illness, or you're starting to question parts of your life. We can accept a negative fate, or we can hope (dream and give power to God). There is always a reason to hope because the reason for something better is you. You are worth believing that things can get better, you will get through, something hard will end. The Bible talks often of the hope we have in God. Hope is our fuel and our rock. It is sometimes the only thing we can cling to. I hope because I am promised God's love and I know I can trust His promises. If His love never ends, and His promises are true, so too is His hope.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. 
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Below are several quotes on hope that I pray encourage you. Enjoy and hope for tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment